Columbus among 10 markets setting all-time highs for home prices in July
August 27, 2015 | Darrick G. Klamut
RealtyTrac has another indication Columbus is a hot, hot, hot residential real estate market.
The housing data provider’s research shows the metropolitan area among 10 U.S. markets that set a record for median home prices in July. Its analysis of 161 markets showed the $155,000 middle property in the MSA put Columbus in a pretty exclusive list.
The 10 represent just 6 percent of the 161 markets RealtyTrac follows. Just 20 percent of those metro areas set a record during 2014 or 2015. Just one other Midwest metro area, Madison, Wisconsin, was among the other nine with its median of $220,000.
This isn’t the only recent indication the region’s housing market is sizzling. Readers may recall the Columbus Realtors last week reported the 3,208 homes sold in the region in July marked the busiest monthly sales total of any month – ever.
Here’s the full list of record-setting markets from RealtyTrack, with their median sale prices:
- Denver-Aurora, Colorado $295,000
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, California $822,000
- Columbus $155,000
- Nashville-Davidson-Murfreesboro-Franklin, Tennessee $179,900
- Raleigh-Cary, North Carolina $208,500
- Omaha, Nebraska-Council Bluffs, Iowa $168,000
- Colorado Springs, Colorado $215,000
- Madison, Wisconsin $220,000
- Boulder, Colorado $389,450
- Burlington-South Burlington, Vermont $253,500
The entire RealtyTrac monthly report can be seen at: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2015/08/27/columbus-among-10-markets-setting-all-time-highs.html?iana=ind_rre